In this tutorial on how to make pearl earrings, I will show you how to make your own pearl earrings that are pretty, long and colorful. These handmade earrings are very easy to put together, and you can customize the length and colors as you wish.
These pearl earrings are made using faux pearl beads and gold metal. Each earring consists of 3 round pearls in green, pink and champagne. Each pearl is decorated with 2 bead caps and is individually looped with gold wire and head pins. These beads are then hooked into a long dangle and attached to the earring hook to make a pretty pair of long dangling, handmade earrings.
Each of these earrings measure 6cm in length. The width of the pearls are 1cm. These pretty pair of easy to make pearl earrings are suitable for casual wear and for parties. You can match these with a strand of pearl necklace for a perfect set of pearl jewelry.
How to Make
Check out my video tutorial on how to make the pearl earrings, step by step. And right below in the next section of this page is the full list of supplies needed to make these pearl earrings as well as step by step written tutorial with images on how to the pearl earrings.
- 2 pink pearl beads, 2 green pearl beads and 2 champagne pearl beads (1cm in diameter each)
- 12 gold bead caps (approximately 0.6cm in diameter)
- 11cm gold wire (0.6mm)
- 2 gold head pins
- 2 gold earring hooks
- Round nose pliers
- Wire cutter
Cutting the gold wire
- Measure at cut the gold wire to 2.75cm length.
- Cut out 4 pieces of equal length.
Looping the green pearl bead
- Insert a bead cap into the head pin.
- Next, insert the green pearl bead.
- Follow with another bead cap.
- Bend the wire.
- Cut it off at 1cm mark.
- Loop the wire with a round nose plier. Repeat the process for the other green bead.
Forming the bead loops
- Make a loop at the end of the first gold wire.
- Insert a bead cap.
- And then a pink pearl bead.
- Follow with another bead cap. Bend the wire to a 45 degrees angle.
- Form a simple loop with the excess wire.
- Hold both the loops and twist to align them. If they are already aligned, no need to twist. Repeat the process for the other pink bead as well as both the champagne beads.
Assembling the pearl dangle
- Using the round nose plier, open the loop on one end of the pink bead slightly.
- Insert the green pearl loop. Close the loop.
- Open up the other side of the pink pearl bead loop.
- Insert the champagne pearl bead loop. Close the loop.
Repeat the process for the other dangle.
Assembling the earrings
- Insert the pearl dangle into the earring hook.
- Use the round nose plier to press the opening tight.
And that completes the steps on how to make the pearl earrings. Repeat the steps above to complete the other side of the earring.
Pearls size and type
- These handmade earrings are made using 3 round faux pearl beads measuring 1cm in diameter each. You can always use real pearls beads of a larger or smaller size. You can also choose your own colors.
- I used champagne, pink and green. You can make your earrings in one color if you like or use any other color combination.
- And if you are not a fan of faux beads, you can always replace the beads with freshwater pearls. Freshwater pearls are often smaller in size but would be a great option to make these handmade earrings, nevertheless.
- I used gold metal for these pair of pearl dangle earrings. If you are not a fan of gold, you can change the metal color to silver or bronze.
- This would mean, whichever color you choose, all the earring hooks, wire, headpins and the bead caps need to be chosen in the same color you prefer.
- I used a simple wire earring hook to make this earrings. You can change it to a lever back hoop, a stud earring post or a simple fish earring hook if you like.
- The length of each of these earrings is 6cm. If you use smaller beads, the length be shorter and if you use larger pearls, the length will be longer.
- In any case, you can also adjust the length of these pair of elegant handmade earrings by adding an extra or two beads to make longer earrings. And if you prefer shorter earrings, you can reduce the pearls from 3 to 2.
And that's my 5 steps, easy tutorial on how to make pearl earrings.
Like these easy pearl earrings design? Here are my other crafts you might want to check out:
- DIY Dangle Earrings with Chain
- How to Make Pearl Drop Earrings (Freshwater Pearl Earrings)
- DIY Seed Bead Earrings
- Beaded Hoop Earrings
- How to Make Beaded Teardrop Earrings
Happy crafting 🙂