Looking for dove template that are printable and free? Check out these cool templates I have which you can download and print for your personal use.
I have a total of 4 different dove design templates on this page. Some are large and some are smaller, so you can use them for small and large projects alike.
The doves also come is a number of various positions - the front profile of a flying dove with its wings wide open, the back profile of a dove sitting on a branch, the side profile of a flying dove on its own as well as another side profile against a background of a cross and wreath for Easter.
Printable Dove Template Idea
Dove with Open Wings Template
- In this design, I have created 2 pages, one with a single large bird to be printed on a single sheet of paper, while the other page has 2 smaller version of the bird, each one looking into the opposite direction.
- Click on each images to open the PDF file and print them.
Flying Dove Template (Side Profile)
- Similar to the dove design above, I have created 2 templates for this dove design. One is a single large template on a piece of paper, while the other page consists of 2 dove templates each looking into the opposite direction.
- To print these images, click on each image to open the PDF file for printing.
Dove Sitting on a Branch Template (Back Profile)
- In this design, the dove template depicts the bird sitting on a branch, showing its back profile and looking sideways.
- Unlike the 2 designs above, this design comes in a single size.
Easter Dove Template
- In this design which is designed specially for Easter, the Dove is profiled sideways against the backdrop on a cross and a border of round leaves wreath. At the bottom of the template is the phrase "Easter".
How to Print the Templates
- All the templates on this page are free for personal use. You can print and use them as many as you like.
- All the templates are in black and white, and are best printed on blank sheets of white paper (A4 or letter size).
- To print, simply click on each image and a pdf file will open.
- Check your printer setting (paper size), place the correct paper size into your printer and choose the print option on the print menu to print your templates.
What Can You Use the Templates For?
1. Use as coloring pages
- All the dove templates on this page are in black and white, and are therefore perfect to be used as coloring pages, both children and adults.
- To use these templates as coloring pages, they are best printed on white paper.
2. Make a greeting card
- These dove templates can also be used to make greeting cards. For this purpose, you may want to use the smaller bird images so that they can be cut and pasted onto the front a folded A4 size or letter size cardboard.
- You can color the bird first and then cut it along the outline. Once cut, apply glue to the back and stick it to the front of your greeting card.
- Proceed to write your message inside the card for a cute handmade greeting card.
3. Use as poster for symbol of peace
- White dove birds are often used as a symbol of peace and freedom. And you can use the templates on this page as peace dove template for posters to symbolize peace and harmony.
- Print your chosen template on a piece of white paper. Cut it out along its outline and paste it onto your poster template. Leave the dove white and for contrast, you can use a colored poster paper for the background.
- Add a peace symbol or any wordings on the poster if you like (these can be drawn or written by hand).
- Pin your poster onto a bulletin boards or a notice board for all to see.
4. Craft idea for children
- In addition to using these templates as coloring pages, you can also use them to teach children about doves.
- Additionally, you can also use the templates to train on children's motor skills. Trace the wings and eyes of the birds onto another paper and ask them to cut and paste the wings and the eyes onto the templates.
- You can also cut out the dove template printables and use them as wall hangings. Cut a few strands of white ribbon and attach these strips to the tail with glue (use the template with the wings wide open). Attach another strip of ribbon (form it into a loop) at the back of the dove's head and use it to hang the dove on the wall or a door and see how the ribbon strips at the tail move as wind blows on them.
Like this free and easy printable template? Here are my other templates and crafts you might want to check out:
- Dotted Lined Paper Printables
- Free Printable Lined Paper
- Origami Koi Fish - How to Make
- How to Make Origami Fish (Paper Fish)
- How to Make Faux Leather Earrings without Cricut
- DIY Dangle Earrings with Chain